This job opening is for full-time employment consisting of 25 hrs per week of teaching plus 10 hrs per week of marketing/administrative work.
These hours are guaranteed. You will always be paid for the hours you’re scheduled for, even in the event of no-shows.
$40 /hour ::: $70,000 /year
The $70K figure above is based on 50 weeks of work per year. The studio is closed for 2 weeks per year – one week at the end of August and one week at Christmas. Further vacation time can be negotiated, with less money per year being offered in that case.
November 2019 (flexible)
- Teaching 4-person group classes, private classes and duet classes (on mat, tower, reformer, chair, pedi pole, barrels). All classes are 55 minutes with a 5 minute transition time in between.
- Early morning, evening and Saturday class times are shared evenly among all instructors. You will be expected to work a portion of these “undesirable” times. Exact teaching schedule is to be negotiated.
- Setting up equipment before your first class of the day and doing any tidying up needed in the 5-minute transition between classes. Clients help with equipment cleaning.
- Vacuuming the floor
- Assisting with sales to clients who are onboarding by talking about what comes next should they want to continue with classes after their onboarding process is complete
- Participating in regular staff meetings (paid)
- Participating in photo/video shoots for marketing purposes (paid)
- Completion of marketing/administrative tasks (There’s no shortage of this work, so there are lots of tasks to choose from. Exact responsibilities in this area are to be negotiated and will heavily take your interests into account. Examples: event booth staffing, blog post writing, networking).
- Upkeep of National Pilates Certification Program certification
- Graduated from a well-regarded Classical Pilates teacher training program of 450 hours or more
- Certified on all equipment and mat
- National Pilates Certification Program certified (formerly PMA Certification Program)
- Minimum one-year teaching experience in a fully equipped studio (not including hours taught in teacher training program)
- Experienced teaching both group and private classes with a high skill level
- Skilled at modifying the Pilates repertoire for client limitations (examples: neck pain, limited shoulder ROM, wrist pain). Note that Tone Pilates is a fitness-based studio and all new clients are screened for injuries. We’ll do our best to make sure you never have a new client who is unfit for the class.
- Punctual and reliable
- Team player
- Friendly, outgoing and motivational
- Committed to professional development and continuing education
- Have a legal right to work in Canada
- Computer/internet literate
- Have an Apple or Android smartphone with space for a few work-related apps
- Teacher training program was more than 450 hours
- More than one year of teaching experience in a fully equipped studio
- A background in other fitness/movement/health modalities (examples: dance, body rolling, yoga, swimming, TRX, martial arts, etc)
- Marketing and/or sales experience
- Robust LinkedIn profile (many recommendations, testimonials, etc)
- CPR certification
Compensation & Benefits
- $40 /hour ($44.55 /hour when vacation pay, EI + CPP are factored in)
- $70,000 /year ($77,962.50 /year when vacation pay, EI + CPP are factored in)
- Full health benefits package, including a Health Spending Account (HSA)
- An extra $1 /hour for exclusive use towards Pilates/movement workshops
- One group class /week that you can book as far in advance as you want. One additional group class /week that you can book 24 or fewer hours in advance.
- Use the studio to teach family members or friends twice weekly (Free for them. Outside of your regular availability).
- Work from home for some of the marketing/administration work
- Pilates Anytime account access
- Kindle Unlimited account access
- Wages paid via direct deposit