This job opening is for 8-10 hours per week of classes. The exact days/times are dependent on your availability. There is a certain amount of flexibility in this regard. Once these classes are established there will likely be an opportunity for more hours.
March 2019 (flexible)
- Teaching 4-person group classes, private classes and duet classes (on mat, tower, reformer, chair, pedi pole, barrels). All classes are 55 minutes with a 5 minute transition time in between.
- Dust mopping the floor
- Setting up equipment before your first class of the day and doing any tidying up needed in the 5-minute transition between classes. Clients help with equipment cleaning.
- Assisting with sales to clients who are onboarding by talking about what comes next should they want to continue with classes after their onboarding process is complete
- Participating in infrequent staff meetings (paid)
- Participating in infrequent photo/video shoots for marketing purposes (paid)
- Punctual and reliable
- Team player
- Graduated from a well-regarded Classical Pilates teacher training program of 450 hours or more
- Certified on all equipment and mat
- Minimum one-year teaching experience in a fully equipped studio (not including hours taught in teacher training program)
- Experienced teaching both group and private classes with a high skill level
- Skilled at modifying the Pilates repertoire for client limitations (examples: neck pain, limited shoulder ROM, wrist pain). Note that Tone Pilates is a fitness-based studio and all new clients are screened for injuries. We’ll do our best to make sure you never have a new client who is unfit for the class.
- Have a legal right to work in Canada
- Computer/internet literate
- Have an Apple or Android smartphone with space for a few work-related apps
- Friendly, outgoing and motivational
- Committed to professional development and continuing education
- Pilates Method Alliance certified
- Teacher training program was more than 450 hours
- More than one year of teaching experience in a fully equipped studio
- A background in other fitness/movement/health modalities (examples: dance, body rolling, yoga, swimming, TRX, martial arts, etc)
- Robust LinkedIn profile (many recommendations, testimonials, etc)
- CPR certification
Compensation & Benefits
- $40 /hour
- Wages paid via direct deposit
- An extra $1 /hour for exclusive use towards Pilates/movement workshops
- One group class /week that you can book as far in advance as you want. One additional group class /week that you can book 24 or fewer hours in advance.
- Pilates Anytime access